- Achievement – Describes both attainment i.e. the level achieved and the progress you have made from a starting point.
- AfL – Assessment for Learning – Assessment for Learning is the process of seeking and interpreting evidence for use by learners and their teachers to
decide where the learners are in their learning, where they need to go and how best to get there
- APP – Assessing Pupils’ Progress – APP is a structured approach to periodically assessing maths, science, reading, writing and speaking and listening
- AST – Advanced Skills Teacher
- ATL – Association of Teachers and Lecturers
- Attainment – The actual level attained and/or results.
- Attainment Targets – A general defined level of ability that a pupil is expected to achieve in every subject at each key stage in the National Curriculum
- Blending – To draw individual sounds together to pronounce a word, e.g. f-l-a-p, blended together, reads flap
- CiC -Children in Care
- CLA – Children Looked After
- Core Subjects – English, maths and science: all pupils must study these subjects up to Key Stage 4
- CPD – Continuing Professional Development
- Creative Curriculum – There are numerous different interpretations exist for the concept ‘the creative curriculum’. In some schools it means topics
or themes, in others it means asking children what they want to learn.
Home / Jargon Buster