Homework is set across the school in order to:
- Promote positive attitudes to work
- Raise achievement of all pupils
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding in literacy and Numeracy and across the curriculum
- Encourage and develop independent learning
- Increase self-discipline
- Develop the home/school partnership
- Prepare children for secondary transfer in Year 6.
A variety of types of homework are used depending on the age and ability of the pupils. These include:
- Learning spellings, multiplication tables, and mental arithmetic tasks
- Research relating to familiar or new topics
- Revision for a test
- A piece of Numeracy, science or literacy work
- Other work agreed with parents.
This year we have introduced themed homework activities for the children, where they can present their work in an exciting way. We have had wonderful models made and other research presented in many inventive ways. These have proved to be very stimulating ways of learning at home for the children and lots of fun too.