Welcome to the remote learning section of our school website.
Home Learning Summary
At The Hill Primary we will provide all children in closed bubbles with daily home learning tasks. These tasks will be set by the child’s teacher, and will be been uploaded daily on to Seesaw (or Tapestry in EYFS) or accessed through Microsoft Teams. Please ensure you have completed the Acceptable User Policy on the Astrea APP or obtain a paper copy from the office. Where families have indicated that they do not have access to a suitable device, school will be in touch to arrange a possible loan of equipment should a bubble close.
As well as supporting children in closed bubbles with home learning tasks, we are also providing home learning resources for all children in school who are awaiting test results or who are self-isolating. We will provide paper packs containing a daily reading, writing and maths task, and further online resources can be found on our school website.
The Hill Primary Academy knows that there has been much disruption to children’s education, and therefore, is committed to ensuring that all children continue to receive a quality education should the need for remote learning arise.
Our approach includes a blend of paper resources, online learning including some virtual face-to-face sessions through MS Teams, online learning tasks via Seesaw/Tapestry and resources available through online learning platforms such as:
- Oak National Academy
- BBC Bitesize
- White Rose Maths
- Ruth Miskin/ YouTube for Read Write Inc Phonics
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Get Epic reading
Teachers will plan lessons that link directly to the curriculum focus for that year group and will provide resources to support tasks for home learners. Below are suggested timetables to ensure your children receive the high quality education that they are entitled to.
Nursery and Reception
The Early Years team will provide live teaching through Microsoft Teams and other learning activities on Tapestry. Any sessions involving Microsoft Teams will be live teaching sessions.
Each day, class teachers will deliver a welcome and phonics or reading session and a catch up session live on Microsoft Teams. This could be a storytime, live teaching or a feedback session. Other activities will be set via Seesaw.
Teachers will teach live math, writing and reading lessons through Microsoft Teams and provide additional learning activities on Seesaw.
Should remote learning need to be set for a class or bubble, the work for the week in English, Maths and other subjects will be posted on Seesaw by 9am daily. A parent workshop and parental guidance to help parents get to grips with Teams will be coming shortly.
Completed work can be uploaded to the activity on Seesaw or submitted back to teachers on Teams (Years 5 and 6).
Questions and Feedback
- Staff, children and parents should communicate via Seesaw, Astrea APP and the school office.
- Should anything be unclear in the work that is set, parents can communicate with class teachers, in the first instance via Seesaw or by using the Astrea app
- We encourage parents to support their children’s work, by viewing the work set together, and then making appropriate plans to complete the work. This can include finding an appropriate place to work and, to the best of their ability, supporting pupils with work encouraging them to work with good levels of concentration.
- It is incredibly important that all children complete their remote learning tasks; however, if children are ill, and therefore unable to complete home learning, please contact the class teacher or message the Astrea APP. Teachers will be keeping records of which pupils engage with remote learning.
- Every effort will be made by staff to ensure that work is set promptly on appropriate platforms but school cannot guarantee that the chosen platforms will work on all devices. Should accessing work be an issue, parents should contact school promptly and alternative solutions will be made available (e.g. paper copies of work, loan of equipment.). These will be discussed on case-to-case basis.
- We understand that if parents are working at home, it might be difficult to access the lessons when planned. The lessons will be recorded so children can access them at other times during the day. Please let your child’s teacher know if this will be the case so they can still offer feedback to your child.
In addition to this, please find below a list of recommended websites that you may wish to use with your children:
https://www.phonicsplay.org (Username: march20 Password: home)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ (Use code TWINKLHELPSUK for free) access to all activities